POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Silo, WOW! : Re: Silo, WOW! Server Time
19 May 2024 17:02:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silo, WOW!
From: Jim Charter
Date: 11 May 2004 23:54:21
Message: <40a19fed$1@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:
> I bought it a few weeks ago I find it fast smooth and flexible and the plans
> for future development look very exciting.

It seems quite forward looking and does seem to reflect a best of breed
design mentality.  Using Wings has got me used to being able to orient
mayself in space without the need of manipulators and I personally find
them clunky now but traditionally they are considered a highend feature.
  And I believe I saw that they can be turned off in Silo anyway. I
never quite got the hang of how to leverage the subdivision modelling
technique to greater advantage for myself but as you say it is the
technique of the future seemingly.  I cannot rationalize spending even
dollar one on software right now, not even badly needed maintenance
tools, or I'd be giving Silo a go for sure.  Wings is coming along too
though.  I now model with quite poerful tools and techniques quite
different from when those I depended on when I first started with it.
But I just spent all day today with the thing crashing every two
minutes, and this is a supposedly stable version!